In this post you will learn how to open & verify Cash App accounts in Nigeria then start using it for your online transactions.
Cash App account is similar to PayPal, with restrictions in some countries which makes it hard to get the account.
Many countries are not listed as supported countries which makes it hard to get a verified Cash App account.
However there is still a way out.
Keep on reading to learn how to open & verify Cash App account in Nigeria without stress.
What is Cash App?
Cash App is a mobile payment service developed by Block, Inc. which allows users to transfer money from one person to another using a mobile app.
The payment service is only available in the US and the UK which makes it difficult for other countries to use their service.
However, there seems to be a way for users in Nigeria who want to own a CashApp account.
How does Cash App work?
Cash App being a peer-to-peer (P2P) payment platform, can be used to send and receive money easily.
You need a debit card to send and receive money through your Cash App account.
The steps are not complicated, simply link the Cash App to the preferred bank account, and your transaction will be at ease.
Cash App supported countries
Below are the countries currently supported by Cash App:
- United States of America.
- United Kingdom.
Requirements for Opening Cash App in Nigeria
Because of the restrictions in opening a Cash App account in some countries, you have to use VPN to be able to browse securely and change your IP address to that of the US or UK.
- Cash App Application
To start using the payment service, you must download and install the latest Cash App version being that the operations are done using the mobile app.
Go to Playstore if you are an Android user while iPhone users would use the Apple store.
- Valid Email Address
Just like any other account creation online, you need a valid email address to create your Cash App account. You can either create a new Gmail or Yahoo email address or use your existing one.
- Active USA Phone Number
This is needed to open and verify a Cash App account in Nigeria because of the fact that the service is only available in the US and UK. You need to have an active US phone number.
- Credit/Debit Card
Another important requirement for opening a Cash App account in Nigeria is the US credit/debit card. In a case where you don’t have any credit or debit card, then you will be doing Bitcoin transactions only.
How to open a Working Cash App account
Follow the steps below to create a verified Cash App account for all your transactions.
- Launch your VPN and change IP address to a location in the United States.
- Open Cash App mobile application on your phone, enter your email address or US phone number.
- An OTP will be sent to either your email or phone number, enter the 6-digit code in the space provided on Cash App and proceed.
- Enter your US credit/debit card details, skip if you don’t have.
- Enter your full name and choose a Cash tag. The Cash tag is like a username which people will be using to send you money.
- Lastly, you will be asked to enter the US residential address which you can use any address which you can use Google to find an address and use.
That’s all, you have successfully opened a working Cash App account, proceed to login and start your transactions.
Requirements to withdraw money from Cash App account
Congratulations on opening your Cash App account.
To withdraw money from your account, you need to link a valid Us credit or debit card but in a situation where you don’t have it, Bitcoin transactions are the only option.
You can withdraw up to $2,000 per day and $5,000 per week using Bitcoin transactions but with a debit card you can withdraw up to $25,000 per week.
Certain details are required before you can make withdrawal in order for the Cash App to be sure the transaction is legit.
You will need to verify your identity with either international passport, driver’s license or national ID that matches the information on your Cash App account.
How to withdraw money from Cash App account
Follow the steps below to withdraw money from your Cash App account:
- Login Cash App on your phone.
- Click on withdraw Bitcoin.
- Input the amount of Bitcoin you want to withdraw.
- Enter your Bitcoin wallet address to receive your money.
How to Send Money with Cash App
Sending money on the payment service is smooth and easy.
- Open the mobile app or browser to log into your account.
- Enter the amount of money you want to send.
- Click Pay.
- Enter either the receiver’s $Cashtag, email or mobile number.
- Describe your transactions (optional).
- Click Pay.
How to Request Money with Cash App
- Login Cash App mobile application.
- Enter the amount you want to request.
- Enter either the $Cashtag, email, or mobile number of the person.
- Click Request.
After reading this Cash App review, I believe you have learned how to open and verify Cash App accounts in Nigeria without stress.
Cash App is a secure money transfer application which you can rely on for your transactions.
With the US and UK citizens enjoying the benefits of using the payment service, anyone can as well make use of the service despite the restrictions.
Thanks for reading, please share and don’t forget to drop your comments.